Join an organization that is on the move, one that is in-synch with your energy and ambition. The Travelers' Select organization is focused on executing a vision to be the largest, most profitable Small Commercial carrier in the United States. In support of that vision, we are searching for a motivated, energetic Product Manager to be part of a team aligned to drive the achievement of financial objectives for the CMP Line of Business. This position offers the candidate an opportunity to be engaged in dynamic, market-leading strategy development for a Fortune 500 company - a role that provides significant skill development for career advancement in the future!
The Select Product Manager will create and use analytics of state, regional, market, segment and program trends to develop and/or adjust line of business strategies consistent with Small Commercial business objectives.
Collaborates with many other areas in Select Accounts to ensure an understanding of Small Commercial products, catastrophe management and underwriting strategy. Engages with the State Product Management teams and Distribution Management as appropriate to ensure alignment with national product strategy. May participate in Enterprise line of business projects and represent Small Commercial in meetings and other forums.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analytics including national and state level analysis of economic trends, competitor activities, legal and regulatory environmental factors that will form a foundation for the development of national product strategy.
* Creation of analytics to understand line of business trends and inform monthly reviews of production results.
* Development and execution of monitoring plans to quantify impacts and measure success of line strategies, including the communication of results across the organization.
* Participation in projects to develop and recalibrate predictive models, underlying rating plans and related tools.
* Active participation and/or leadership on multi-functional teams charged with assessing the performance of segments of the book of business resulting in recommendations to increase profitable growth.
* Creating and delivering presentations to interested constituencies across Select (Home Office and Field) and Business Insurance.
* Representing Select Product Strategy in discussions on a variety of topics impacting the Line of Business, including platform development, product management, underwriting and others.
* Minimum three years property casualty insurance experience with a focus on analytics, actuarial, Commercial Lines underwriting or Product experience.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience; an MBA degree, or CPCU, AU, or ARM designations are a plus.
* Fully able to understand and integrate Small Commercial Vision and Core Values in daily work.
* Understanding of rating structures including the ability to understand competitor's rating structure. Able to extract and analyze competitive data.
* Demonstrates an understanding of basic actuarial ratemaking concepts such as loss development, loss trend and credibility.
* Understanding of insurance financial metrics (the income statement, balance sheet and production metrics).
* Strong analytical ability to dissect, manage and interpret management information.
* Critical Thinking: Analyzes complex issues and problems then synthesizes information to identify key issues and makes decisions.
* Ability to interact with a broad constituency including but not limited to Senior Management, Product Management, Product Lines Management, Underwriting, Actuarial, Field Leadership, Claims and Enterprise Leadership.
* Highly developed skills in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Strong preference for basic SAS and/or SQL knowledge.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
Travelers Co - 2 years ago