The Dental Assistant functions as a clinical support partner to assist the patient care team by performing various tasks in a surgical or clinic setting as instructed by a licensed professional.
1. Prepares for dental clinic and/or surgical cases by gathering required equipment, instrumentation and supplies.
2. Assists with dental procedures in a clinic or surgical setting as instructed by the licensed professional.
3. Ensures that equipment, instruments and supplies are maintained and properly cared for prior to and following procedures.
4. Maintains a neat, clean and safe environment supportive of appropriate patient care.
5. Ensures availability of resources, supplies and equipment.
6. May perform patient charting and documentation using electronic patient charting/medical record system.
7. May obtain patient x-rays for dental procedures.
8. May perform sterilization procedures for instruments and equipment.
9. May receive, prepare, mark and deliver medications as per policy.
10. May collect and label specimens for processing.
11. May perform sponge and sharps counts as per policy.
One year of experience in a HealthCare or Dental Setting.
BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
Basic Computer Skills.
Utah Radiology Certification (If working in a Dental Clinic).
Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
Dantal Assistant Program Completion
Utah Radiology Certification (If working in Surgical Services).
Dental Office or Pediatric Surgical Experience.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...