The Development Department of the World Resources Institute (WRI) is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated person to fill the position of Development Program Coordinator. This position will provide programmatic and administrative support to staff managing government sector partnerships and funding (including U.S. government, foreign aid agencies, and multilateral organizations). This position provides a valuable growth opportunity to learn about environment and US and international development policy, institutional and fundraising strategy, and donor cultivation and stewardship. The ideal candidate will have strong multi-tasking and project management skills, and a proven ability to deliver under pressure against tight deadlines. S/he will be very detail-oriented, a quick study and a self-starter, and possess excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
Specifically the responsibilities will include:
Assist WRI’s Government Donor Sector team with:
- 20% Research and Writing
- 10% Donor Stewardship and Outreach
- 70% Coordination and Administrative Support
Research and Writing
Donor Stewardship and Outreach
- Drafting and editing proposal materials, funder reports, letters, and other documents
- Research and track government grant announcements, requests for proposals, budget changes, and funding strategies. Identify potential overlap with WRI program areas
- Occasionally track and report on political developments relevant to major donor countries/ organizations
- Prepare related presentations and visual aids
Coordination and Administrative support
- Manage client relationship management database, mailing lists, and help coordinate stewardship of and outreach with government sector contacts
- Represent the Government Sector team in relevant external fora and events
- Provide general administrative support to both the Director of International Cooperation and the Director of U.S. Government Cooperation, i.e. scheduling meetings, meeting preparation and follow-up, arrange national and international travel, prepare/submit expense reports, process invoices and check requests, and other administrative paperwork as needed
- Maintain and update donor information and contact in donor database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Update and maintain sector-relevant information on Development Department Intranet
- Backstop other department program coordinators as needed
Required skills and experience:
- 1-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment (requirement may be met through internships)
- Bachelor's degree
Preferred skills and experience:
- A strong candidate will have experience in proposal development and grants/contracts management, specifically with U.S. Government funders.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work juggle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and to work as a member of a diverse team
- Proficiency in MS Office required
Salary : Commensurate with education, experience and position responsibilities. WRI offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- An interest in environmental issues, international development and experience applying for government funding are a plus.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
Reports To: Strategy Manager and Anchor Manager is a dual reporting capacity to the Director, International Cooperation and the Director, US Government Cooperation
Interacts internally with: Development staff, Program, Administrative, and Accounting staff
Interacts Externally with: Bilateral, multilateral and U.S. government contacts, Vendors/consultants
Qualified applicants should apply online through the link above or at www.wri.org/careers . All applications must be submitted online in order to be formally considered.
About WRI: The World Resources Institute ( http://www.wri.org/wri ) is an environmental research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives.
The World Resources Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI's policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Applications accepted online only at www.wri.org/careers . No phone calls please.
World Resources Institute - 8 months ago