GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Physicist (PhD) with specialization in Magnetic resonance Imaging (MRI) will be part of the “MR of the future” working group of GE’s global MR business unit with the mission to develop, design, and prototype magnets, coils, and applications for new MR scanner generations.
• Portfolio management of MR applications
• Business development, out‐bound marketing and collaborations covering clinical indications for MR
• MR system management
• Reconstruction programs and raw data processing
• MR sequence programming
• Lead change through creative solutions to unstructured product and system design issues
• Optimize team’s participation in all phases of product development
• Support existing products within Manufacturing, Sourcing, Service and Supplier Quality Engineering
• PhD (Doctorate thesis) in medical physics
• Minimum 2 years relevant (industrial) experience
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally
• Demonstrated project leadership and/or people management skills
• Demonstrated supplier and manufacturing interface skills
• Proven mentoring and coaching abilities; demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes
• Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills
• Willing and able to travel 25-40% of the time.
• Open to role being located in Waukesha, Wisconsin or Garching/Munich, Germany
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...