This position is only open to current regular (non-temporary) Lewis & Clark College employees.
Provides administrative support to the office of the Dean of Students and assists in coordinating the efforts of the Division of Student Life.
This position is represented by the
Lewis & Clark College Support Staff Association Local 4912 of the American Federation of
The link to the current collective bargaining
agreement between the College and the Association is available here: http://www.lclark.edu/live/files/8766-lccssa-collective-bargaining-agreement-20102013
Lewis & Clark College will conduct background checks on the finalist(s).
Lewis & Clark College is an equal opportunity employer.
- A Bachelors degree and three years of directly relevant experience.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Strong customer service or public relations skills.
- Proficient in extensive computer use, word processing, and web maintenance.
- Proficient in database creation and management, including FileMaker Pro database software.
Anticipated Position Start Date:
- Three years experience in a Dean of Student’s office (or similar entity) in an institution of higher education.
Open Until Filled
Months Worked Per Year:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
$17.49 - $19.53/hr
Primary Job Functions
Additional Job Functions
- Provides direct and essential administrative support to Dean of Students (a member of the Executive Council), including communicating with other Executive Council member assistants, archiving Student Life initiatives, calendar maintenance for the Dean of Students, coordination of all Student Life meetings, document/file management, and acting as a liaison between the Dean of Students and other offices.
- Provides direct service to students, parents, faculty and staff by phone, e-mail, and in person. Discuss highly confidential and sensitive information with parents, faculty, or staff, regarding students, regarding cases of academic integrity, student conduct or personal matters, sometimes in the midst of a crisis. Respond to this information either directly or direct to the appropriate person in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Provide administrative assistance with numerous budgets and also coordinate the budget planning of more than 15 office budgets.
- Coordinates and implements special events of the division of Student Life including annual retreats and occasional staff development and professional development events.
- Supervises five student employees and coordinates their work schedules and responsibilities to ensure a fully staffed administrative office.
- Provide guidance and leadership among the Division’s Administrative Coordinators to ensure all support staff are informed and have consistent materials.
- Provides oversight of conduct reference letters to current and former students.
- Oversee the website management of multiple offices, including the Dean of Students, the Division of Student Life, and also provide guidance and expertise to other Student Life offices concerning their website development.
Name of Grant(s):
- Provide assistance with technological advances within the Division, including database creation, web design, and other IT areas.
- Oversee communication efforts within the Student Life division; between the division and on-campus partners; between the division and the external community.
- Provide administrative support in both initial and ongoing fashions for emerging Institutional inititaives anchored/involving in Student Life
- Take minutes at weekly Deans meeting and bi-weekly Division of Student Life meeting and distribute minutes appropriately.
- Provides back-up expertise and counsel to the Administrative Coordinators in Campus Living, International Students & Scholars, Student Counseling, Center for Career and Community Engagement, PE/Athletics, and Student Support Services.
- Provides back-up administrative support for databases including housing, New Student Orientation, Parents Preview, Conduct, and others in Student Life.
- Coordinate multiple mailings to students and parents.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.