The Studio Director directs television productions by coordinating the information about the show before it airs, then disseminating that information to the crew involved during the broadcast. They will need to be a team builder who has good technical skills.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Directs live television productions from the control room by "calling the shots" to the production crew, technical crew and anchors involved.
• Coordinates and executes all aspects of a fast paced "live" production that never goes as scripted.
• Insure a clear, concise and orderly flow of information to those involved during the broadcast.
• Coordinates the show’s rundown to reflect production values, such as video, audio and graphic requirements before the production.
• Communicates the necessary information about elements of the show to be aired, such as information regarding live shots, studio guests, graphic requirements, etc., and complete and/or coordinates any accompanying paperwork.
• Oversees all aspects of the production, whether technical in nature, such as lighting, camera positions, special effects, etc., as well as production values, such as timings, graphics, etc., to insure a first-rate, quality broadcast before, during and after a broadcast
• A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
• Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation is a necessity.
•Leadership skills are a must as the position includes facility and crew oversight, organizing and executing the look of the show, problem solving after the show.
•Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas.
•Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency preferred
Minimum of 10 years' major market experience or network equivalent preferred.
• College degree preferred.
•High School Diploma or equivalent
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 21 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...