This position is for a Network Implementation Coordinator who will develop detailed network and system implementation plans based on high level design and architecture details. The position requires strong communication skills to coordinate with technical subject matter experts, network architects, and subcontractors. A thorough understanding of network IP addressing and architecture principles, power principles, and site layout and design skills are required. This is a hands-on opportunity for a versatile candidate to develop and document detailed plans for large scale network security system infrastructures, and follow those plans though execution and deployment. The implementation coordinator will also be responsible for the preparation of Visio drawing packages to include site layout, equipment rack elevation drawings, cabling tray infrastructure, etc. in accordance with TIA-
Network certifications (CCNA, etc)
- Hands-on network system configuration and deployment skills
- Ability to develop network implemention plans including IP address and VLAN assignments, based on Revised 02/2009 development team requirements.
- Shall be able to prepare documentation packages suitable for direct installation or RFP development for subcontractor installation.
- Maintain a Microsoft-Access database of all system architecture cabling and network addressing details.
- Shall have Good understanding TIA 942 Best telcom/data center design practices for Data center layout comprising server rooms with racks layouts, power distribution system location plans, structured cabling systems, with scalability designs to meet the ever changing requirements of communications and data centers.
- Write AT&T MOP (Method of Procedure) documents and coordinate the activities of craft installation workforce.
- Develop power, cooling and space requirements based on proposed IT/Communications equipment listings provided by the design team. Research vendor specifications in the development of those requirements.
- Shall be highly skilled in Visio 2007 drawing tools in the preparation of installation, documentation, and asbuilt packages.
- Cabling design considerations, telecommunications
- Develop detailed rack elevation drawings based on communications/IT equipment lists from system design team.
- Understanding of infrastructure systems, data center space considerations, power distribution methodologies, coordination of equipment plans with other engineering groups.
- Understanding of Fiber and copper based data cabling requirements, distance limitations, etc.
- Must apply practices of ANSI/TIA-942 Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers and ANSI/NECA/BICSI-002 Data Center Design and Implementation Best Practices to design documentation packages.
Desired Certifications and Training:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- MS in related field is a plus
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or other applicable vendor certification
- Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly; full scope poly is desired
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification desired (Security+, SSCP, etc)
- Vendor certifications are a plus
- General Dynamics Taclane or other cryptographic equipment certifications are desirable.
Sep 11, 2012, 11:39:34 AM
Senior Associate/Second Level Manager
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...