David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a Citrix System Administrator to join our project team for our client based in Portland, OR. The System Administrator is a subject matter expert in terminal services and application presentation virtualization. The System Administrator has the responsibility for the maintenance and support of BPA business servers with a client base located throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Washington D.C. and will be highly responsive to service disruptions and outages and work to effect restoration of services.
Strong understanding of domain security groups and setting permissions regarding access to server and particularly Citrix terminal server resources.
- Ability to architect, configure, install and manage Citrix XenApp 6.5 farms to provide session and application virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with server operating systems primarily Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Environment.
- Ability to install; configure, and support Citrix Access Gateway.
- Knowledge of and experience with hardware specifications and maintenance requirements in a computer room environment.
- 10+ years of experience – Computer Technology or related field
- Undergraduate College Degree – Computer Technology or related field
- Minimum: CCA in XenDesktop & CCA in XenApp
- Preferably multiple CCA’s
- Ability to work with other team members in a Citrix environment to resolve highly technical problems and issues.
- Strong understanding of Citrix user profiles with ability to install and publish software applications on a Citrix server.
- Knowledge of and experience with Virtual server methodologies including thin client shared desktop implementation.
- Knowledge of and experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
- Knowledge of and experience with Citrix Provisioning Server, Netscaler, monitoring such as Citrix EdgeSight.
- Knowledge of and experience with application packaging using Citrix Streaming.
- Serve as a technical advisor to BPA users and professionals and maintain open positive communications with clients.
- Participate in establishing operating system/server application requirements and standards and procedures that fit within the overall Department of Energy and agency IT standards and processes.
- Assure compliance with BPA servers and computer room(s) security procedures that apply to team’s assigned tasks. Complies with other agency standards and guidelines.
- Troubleshoot and understand the overall architecture.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation
**Interested and qualified candidates may apply directly, or by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEA is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.