The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at The University of Arizona offers a non-tenure track teaching appointment teaching General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and/or Biochemistry for one-year (9 months) or one-semester appointments to qualified individuals. The successful candidates will be enthusiastic and energetic; have solid scientific knowledge and be familiar with the use of innovative learner centered, new techniques, and technologies.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Teach one or two assigned Chemistry and/or Biochemistry classes per semester including requisite office hours and discussion sections.
- Support the educational mission of the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department by participating in educational activities related to the specific courses involved.
- Write letters of recommendations for students.
- Mentor new instructors and teaching assistants as needed
Not applicable for this position.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Master's degree in Chemistry/Chemical Education and/or Biochemistry.
- Three (3) years of teaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Proven skills in routinely teaching large classes in excess of 100 students.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Good management skills for mentoring and working with teaching assistants.
- Student-centered learning approach to teaching.
- Knowledge of new teaching technologies.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
University of Arizona - 21 months ago