QuarterLine Consulting Services is seeking candidates for a Biosurveillance Scientist position in Washington, D.C. to support of the Office of Health Affairs, Non-Biowatch Systems Engineering, Technical Assistance (SETA) and Program Management Support.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts operational scientific and technical analysis in support of National biosurveillance.
- Supports the development of a variety of analytic biosurveillance decision support products that meet National decision makers’ and stakeholders’ requirements.
- More broadly, performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant scientific field in support of major biosurveillance programs or system development activities.
- Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements for further analysis.
- Researches, analyzes, and computes mathematical, physical and scientific data for integration into, and prepares analysis, evaluations, and recommendations for inclusion within OHA biosurveillance products in support of federal personnel.
The Biosurveillance Scientist will generally work between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Education: B.S. degree in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field. Certain personnel will require MS.
General Experience: Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years experience, or a Masters Degree and 2 years experience; Qualifying experience must be in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field such as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, bacteriology, virology, epidemiology, toxicology, immunology, environmental science or engineering, physics, mathematics, geology, or other related discipline.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 2 years of experience providing scientific or technical support to major programs or system development efforts related to biosurveillance.
QuarterLine - 19 months ago
QuarterLine is a healthcare professional services company providing a wide range of health solutions and insights to public and private...