WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Suits Optional... ...
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our team. Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
This position is responsible for creative development of product components and graphic assets that are consistent with the vision of the Brand Art Director, and meet the goals of the Brand and Marketing Manager. The Graphic Designer will conceptualize, design and produce graphic materials for Wizards of the Coast products, services, and events under the guidance of the product/brand Art Director and in accordance with Wizards quality standards and Brand guidelines, as well as Production standards and processes. Strong portfolio in industry related products and packaging required for consideration.
- Works with direction from Art Directors and collaborates with Senior Graphic Designers, Graphic Designers, and Associate Graphic Designers.
- Internal contacts include Creative Managers, Project Managers, Product Engineers, Editors, Brand or Sales team members and other Creative team members (Packaging Designer, Senior Creative Art Director, Graphic Production Specialists, Imaging, Photography).
- Limited external contact.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- The Graphic Designer is responsible for completion of all production steps from concept through creation of final design and any associated file deliveries for print or digital applications.
- Executes visual development based on direction and brand guidelines provided by the Art Director.
- Performs required tasks on a scheduled basis while adhering to budget constraints.
- Participates in meetings, discussions, and presentations as part of the development process for rough concepts to final design.
- Utilizes all available design tools to develop and present creative concepts through final design files.
- Collaborates with the Product Engineer to ensure all printed materials are produced to the high standards set by Wizards.
- Works with Art Director or Senior Designer to understand changing brand requirements and styles.
- Understands and stays current with department and company processes.
- Works with the Art Director and Creative Manager to define and/or improve processes for graphic production.
- Mentors Associate Graphic Designers.
- Meets all department and corporate business requirements, including those regarding work hours, conduct, and teamwork.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Training or Degree in appropriate field preferred.
Prior Related Experience:
- 1 to 3 years experience in Graphic Design.
- Proficient in required design software.
- Good understanding of print processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to execute rough and final designs utilizing the designer’s creative tools — photography, illustration, type, color, texture, and dimensions.
- Requires proficiency in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign (CS5 Suite or higher) in the Macintosh environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to develop creative materials appropriate to the target customer, consumer patterns, usage patterns, popular and economic trends.
- Proficient in file building techniques, including the creation of white underprinters and spot plates.
- Knowledge of advertising, promotional techniques, merchandising, point-of-sale, and exhibit strategies useful. Working knowledge of text and trade publishing a plus.
- Good understanding of print production including PDF file generation, direct to plate, color separation and four-color printing techniques required.
- Must be able to balance aesthetic and production considerations.
- Knowledgeable in electronic file management and proper archiving practices across large networks.
- Stays current with emerging trends and technologies in design and production.
- Knowledge of Wizards brands, products and promotional strategies desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards - Corporate
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including...