A global chemical player, Arkema consists of three coherent and related business segments: Vinyl Products, Industrial Chemicals, and Performance Products. Present in over 40 countries with 13,900 employees, Arkema achieved sales of Â€5.9 billion in 2010. With its seven research centers in France, the United States and Japan, and internationally recognized brands, Arkema holds leadership positions in its principal markets.
This position is responsible for managing the procurement of all transportation equipment, including: railcars, tank trailers and isotanks that meet all government, corporate and safety requirements. The successful incumbent will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for business units in developing specifications, fleet sizing and equipment operational functions. Manage contractual services & relationship of a third party logistics service company (QTS) which provides railcar support to Arkema's business units.
Specific job activities include:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Negotiate favorable equipment lease/purchase contracts (terms, conditions and pricing).
- Establish & negotiate agreements with qualified equipment inspectors as needed.
- Maintain and acquire relevant industry practices and procedures as related to equipment procurement, specifications, regulations, fleet sizing, repair and cleaning techniques.
- Monitor and review responsibilities of contractual services provided by QTS as they relate to railcar activities.
- Assist and guide SBU's with equipment inspections, testing, maintenance, repairs, detention and lease payments.
- Stay connected with industry for information gathering on market activity, changes in equipment design and government requirements.
- Responsible for processing, maintaining and communicating non-conformances and issues with regards to equipment, suppliers and vendors.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent field.
- Five years experience minimum with railcar, tank trailer and isotank equipment engineering, specifications, government regulations, loading and unloading procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in equipment procurement negotiations.
- Regulatory knowledge, understanding and application of government requirements for transportation equipment and hazardous material shipping including; Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Railroad Association (FRA), Association of American Railroads (AAR), International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG).
- Demonstrated proficiency in: planning/strategy development, project management, safety commitment, effective verbal & written communication, delivers results, sound judgment, problem resolution.
Arkema Inc. - 2 years ago