Title: Pharmacist II - Smyrna, DE
Location: Delaware-Smyrna-Delaware Hosp
Job Number: 13000941JOB TITLE: Pharmacist II
At Cardinal Health, we''re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Pharmacy Operations
Family: Health System Pharmacy
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates working knowledge and understanding of pharmaceuticals and pharmacy practice standards
- Processes, approves and makes standard recommendations in response to physician orders using facility systems
- Adheres to established regulatory and accreditation standards
- Follows and may make recommendations on pharmacy best practice standards to optimize patient care and reduce cost
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
Staff pharmacist responsible to enter, fill and check orders. Clinical review resident''s charts Attend interdisciplinary meetings and other duties needed to operate normal operations
- Bachelor''s degree in pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- 2-4 years related pharmacy experience
- Ability to become licensed pharmacist in state (s) of pharmacy operation
Cardinal Health - 19 months ago
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves the...