We are looking for a Lead Mobile Developer to join our team. As the technical lead for iOS and Android development, you will be joining an award-winning team of highly talented developers at an iconic media organization cherished by millions of loyal listeners.
Each day you will work with a cross-functional team of brilliant professionals combining business, design/user experience and engineering expertise, working relentlessly to push the boundaries of what’s possible, paving the road for the future of news and entertainment media.
What we are looking for:
Why work at NPR matters:
- Hardcore iOS development skills.
- Android development experience.
- Creativity, initiative and acute attention to detail
- Thirst for exploration and innovation.
- Love for using and contributing to open-source software.
- Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor.
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to software design and development. Every day our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
Essential Duties Include:
Lead Mobile Developer is responsible for the technical design and implementation of all NPR iOS and Android products, including multiple native iPhone, iPad and Android applications.
Bonus Points for:
- Fluent in Objective-C, Core Graphics, Core Data and object-oriented design.
- Must have demonstrable experience developing complex iOS applications.
- Experience developing Android applications or willingness and ability to learn.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs over HTTP.
- Advanced understanding of various media types (image, audio, video), especially as it relates to AVFoundation.
- Extensive Android development experience.
- Open-source contributions.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Our corporate IT infrastructure is set up to be very Mac-friendly.
- We are located in downtown Washington, DC and will soon be moving into a brand-new building custom-designed for NPR and equipped with the latest technology.
- We are diverse, lifelong learners and read omnivorously from NPR’s giveaway book shelf, regularly walk down the hall to Tiny Desk Concerts, tell coding jokes and edit bad grammar on milk cartons
- We are a friendly bunch and expect the same from you, too
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you ‘Like’ us? Follow us on Facebook at This Is NPR . You can also follow us on Twitter at @NPRjobs , as well as #NPRlife for 'behind the scenes' tweets about life at NPR from our employees.
Top of Form