Loan Administration Manager 2
The Area Underwriting/Closing Manager will support an Area through the management of Underwriters and Closers.
Specific responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead the activities and/or operations of a loan a production team responsible for customer service, underwriting and closing documentation.
- Provide escalation support between sales teams and external vendors and customers to ensure team is effective in the administration of each loan closing/underwriting transaction. Ensure loan closing/underwriting transactions are completed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provide updates and reporting as appropriate to Regional Underwriting/Closing Manager as it relates to the performance of the closing/underwriting functions.
- Participate in strategic planning discussions for the Fulfillment Site and provide recommendations regarding future direction.
- Lead and Manage staff of 10-25 non-exempt indirect report team members in multiple loan administration teams for a defined operations group. Team members under direct reporting structure encompass managers and individual contributors.
- Responsible for, or participates in, the hiring, coaching, developing and supervising of team members, including decisions relative to performance reviews, terminations, hires, discipline, salary actions, etc. Influence performance of a business unit or functional area by working as part of the decision-making management team with responsibility for managing the budget of the team, department or unit.
5+ years experience in customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment and 1+ years management experience.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Expertise leading a team in the closing and underwriting of conventional conforming and non conforming loan products.
- Expertise around the closing and underwriting of government loans (FHA/VA), bond loans, and manufactured housing loans.
- Strong understanding of Underwriting guidelines and policies.
- Must possess proven leadership and change management capabilities and ability to motivate team members to achieve high performance and results.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- FHA, VA and conventional underwriting experience.
- FHA, VA and conventional closing experience.
Wells Fargo - 11 months ago
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It prov...