Quad/Tech, the research and development subsidiary of Quad/Graphics that designs and manufactures automated press and finishing control systems is seeking an Electrical Designer with Electrical Control System packaging and schematic design experience. This position is 6 months in length. This position is responsible for providing electrical assembly and schematic drawings for new and existing product lines, working with teams locally and in other Quad/Graphics Offices.
This position requires a minimum of three years of electrical packaging and design experience incorporating the following range of topics:
This position also requires strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as strong knowledge of Microsoft Office. The successful candidate will be a good team player with the ability to communicate to various backgrounds and levels. An Associate’s degree in Electrical Design or equivalent is preferred.
- Electrical controls packaging experience for automated machinery
- Documenting motion based controls for automated machinery
- Coordinating design reviews at appropriate times in the design process
- Processing engineering change orders
- Experience in Pro Engineer – Wildfire 5.0
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2010
- Managing Bill of Material (BOM’s) inside a manufacturing system
- Designing using applicable industry standards
- Ability to work under the direction of Electrical Controls Engineers during the documentation creation process
Quad/Graphics is the quintessential American business success story. By doing things differently and better for more than 40 years,...