Applications Engineer (Parkersburg / Wheeling, WVA)
Requisition ID: 10913
Title: Technical Service Representative - Service Engineer
Location: Parkersburg/Wheeling, WVA
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Technical Service Representative in our Water and Process Services group. If you are a passionate technical professional that likes to work in an autonomous, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
You will be primarily responsible for working with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts. This will involve the completion of agreed upon contractual services in your assigned accounts, and providing customers with problem solving support. You will also assist District Sales Representatives with start-ups of both new applications in current customers, and in transitioning competitively-held accounts to Nalco. This position will also require you to build strong relationships with your assigned customer base to generate a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance and continuous improvement plans.
- Assist Sales Representatives with plant surveys of prospective customers
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts.
- Develop strong relationships with the key stakeholders in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively support Nalco innovations and technology in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives.
- Possible travel within assigned sales territory
- Technical Degree or High School Diploma with industry experience
- Must have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Technical Specialty
- 2+ years of successful technical service or field sales support experience
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- Practical computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
Keywords: Engineering, Service and technical, Service Engineer, Service and Chemicals, Service jobs, Field Service, Service Engineering jobs
Primary Location: US-WV-Parkersburg
: US-WV-Wheeling, US-Ohio, US-PA-Pittsburgh
Ad Code: J2W: CB1, J2W: LILA
Ecolab - 9 months ago
Ecolab cleans up by cleaning up. The company offers cleaning, sanitation, pest-elimination, and maintenance products and services to...