For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Operations & Maintenance Jobs at CH2M HILL
As part of the CH2M HILL Operations & Maintenance team you will be collaborating with communities and companies to deliver a complete range of custom-tailored operations and maintenance solutions. Our diverse staff delivers services including water and wastewater system optimization; contract operations and maintenance of water, wastewater and other utilities; and complete municipal operations, including administration, public works and community development – all backed by a commitment to safety, quality, innovation and customer service. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Water Operations Supervisor Careers - Renton, WA
The challenge? To provide a range of custom-tailored operations and maintenance solutions at our client's Water Treatment Plant in Renton at the Cedars Water Plant outside of Seattle. As a Certified Operations Supervisor you will oversee the operation, repair, and maintenance of a water treatment plant. The Cedar Water Treatment Plant is a 180MGD DBO located in Renton Washington and has been in operation for 8 years. Water treatment meets water quality standards without filtration and uses ozone, UV, and chlorination, and supplies 65% of the drinking water for the City of Seattle.You should be a self-motivated professional with knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data management systems.
Our Water Operations Supervisor :
- Supervises the operation, repair, and maintenance of a large surface water treatment plant
- Diagnoses operating problems and directs effective correction procedures
- Prepares required reports and maintains complete recordkeeping procedures
- Supervises and trains employees
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of plant operators, laborers, and other plant personnel
- Prepares work schedules, subject to approval of Project Manager
- Analyzes recording instrument readings and laboratory test results and adjusts various plant processes accordingly
- Provides Safety Training and tracks employee development training
- Inspects plant to determine efficiency of operations, cleanliness, and maintenance activities
- Determines remedial action in emergencies
- Performs employee evaluations, assists Project Manager in conducting ongoing safety program
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination when preparing reports and using a computer keyboard, have vision sufficient to read computer screens, printed documents and operate office equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification at a level required by the State Washington
- Grade 3 Water Treatment Operator Certification
- Possess a valid driver's license, no major infractions
High School or GED
- Obtain or be able to obtain a valid Washington State DOH Grade 4 water treatment operator certification within 12 months of hire date
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of water treatment plant and conveyance system operations, including the operation of all relevant processes, systems and equipment
- Have a working knowledge of safety, safe work practices, and training
- Possess a valid vehicle operating license
- Knowledgeable of computer operations—be able to enter information into data management systems, and operate plant PLCs and SCADA system
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of water treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in the principles of supervision and training; principles of budget preparation and expenditure control; and safe work practices
Grade 3 Water Treatment Operator Certification
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CH2M HILL - 18 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...