As a trusted financial leader for over 60 years, Standard Bank & Trust Company remains dedicated to its customers and the communities we serve. Our mission is to champion the success of our communities through continuing our tradition of operating a locally-owned and independent financial institution.
We are committed to providing excellent service through well qualified and motivated employees who exhibit our core values of integrity, trust, commitment and teamwork. It is our employees who build and sustain relationships with our customers and implement new ideas to make us even better.
Join one of the fastest growing locally-owned community bank groups and begin a rewarding career where you can contribute and make a difference!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Customer Service Associate (Teller) will insure patrons of the bank are attended to in the most prompt, professional and courteous manner. The Teller will provide a complete customer service experience by greeting and thanking customers, completing customer transactions, answering questions, and making appropriate product recommendations.
Other responsibilities for a Customer Service Associate (Teller) include, but are not limited to:
- Build relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and make referrals to appropriate business lines.
- Greet and engage all customers to ensure their needs are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Work to resolve customer concerns by actively listening and seeking a resolution.
- Exercise caution when process all paying and receiving transactions in order to minimize fraud.
- Balance cash and non-cash items according to established policies and procedures.
- Balance ATM cash cassettes and process deposits.
- Adhere to all security, policies and procedures, including actively participating in audit and compliance.
- Participate in community events and activities.
- Participate in bank-wide, regional and branch campaigns in order to grow deposits and increase customer base.
- Participate in ongoing training programs, including online banker training.
- Must be able to cross-train in personal banking to assist the branch to ensure customer needs are met.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum six months cash handling experience or customer service experience
- Experience promoting products or ideas preferred
- Good customer service skills; must be ready to assist customers in a timely and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication with customers, co-workers and all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work well with co-workers and all levels management
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in timely matter by gathering and analyzing information
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player that is highly motivated and goal oriented
- Computer literate
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at alternate branch locations up to 30 miles form base location
- Must be available to work bank business hours