Airgas USA, LLC. , a leading distributor of industrial, medical, & specialty gases & welding supplies, is seeking a REPAIR TECHNICIAN to join our team in Evansville, IN .
**QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 YRS OF ELECTRICAL REPAIR/TESTING EXPERIENCE.**
Rebuild, repair and maintain welding equipment, applying knowledge of machine repair and industrial electronics. Inspects machine and observes operation to detect cause of malfunction. Disassembles machine, using hand tools. Selects replacement parts lists and catalogs, or repairs parts, such as motor drive controls, motors, belts, transformers, bushings, bearings, and gears. Solders loose connections. Rewires electrical circuits. Reassembles machine, using hand tools, welding and brazing equipment, and measuring instruments. Sets up and starts repaired machine to verify operation.
• Perform major and minor repairs of welding equipment, and associated equipment utilizing vendor technical manuals and wiring schematics.
• Refurbish equipment – tear down, inspect, repair, clean and paint.
• Communicate by phone and in person with vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on cost, repair times, etc.
• Maintain maintenance log to document time and supplies to accurately bill customers.
• Perform research to inquiries as necessary.
• Practice good shop keeping, i.e. keeping work areas clean and hazard-free.
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Back up as needed and where qualified as directed by immediate supervisor or higher-level management.
• Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associates Degree in Electronics
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• 2+ years electrical testing experience.
• 1 - 2 years industry experience and training
• Working knowledge of mechanics and electricity, as well as troubleshooting, reading electrical diagrams, and testing electrical equipment.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures properly
• Computer experience in a computerized office environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and comprehend vendor repair manual instructions.
• Ability to perform very heavy work -- routinely lift 25-75 lbs., occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
• Must be able to operate in a drug- and alcohol-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...