Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them, giving them the power to make the most of every moment, everywhere, anytime. At Nokia, you have a personal opportunity in an inspiring environment to make a global difference. Build a career that you will be proud of. Go on an adventure every day. Help shape a new era in the mobile industry. It's your world. This is your moment to shape it.
LOCATION & COMMERCE
Location & Commerce is set to become a core element of Nokia's DNA that will spearhead our revised mission in mobile and location-based services. Location & Commerce will drive delivery of differentiated social location offerings for the wider ecosystem, targeting consumers, business customers and advertisers alike. We will create unique offerings, together with the Smart Devices and Mobile Phones business units, while ensuring our location platform becomes pervasive. We will build and monetize unique location experiences for great mobile products, the navigation industry and the automotive market.
The focus areas for the Location & Commerce business are built around our core offerings:
Nokia Location & Commerce business will develop a new class of integrated social location products and services for consumers, as well as platform services and local commerce services for device manufacturers, application developers, Internet services providers, merchants, and advertisers. And, this is just the beginning, come join our team and change the way mobile devices are used.
- Location content, delivering high-value data across platforms and industries
- Applications, delivering an integrated suite of apps, across all operating systems
- Location Platform, delivering the Map Platform and APIs, search and places
- Local Commerce, creating a high-value advertising network, providing local commerce services for brands and merchants to accelerate revenue and profit
Under general direction, conducts and supports all areas of Systems Integration to include, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop cutting-edge solutions to integrate, simulate and model core and advanced augmented reality (AR) features
- Rapidly translate ideas into prototypes on PC.
- Build applications/tools to support other teams as needed
- Actively work as part of a team of software developers and researchers in implementing the required solutions as defined in the specifications and plans
- Develop product-level code in various languages, esp. C/C++ to allow easy integration of existing algorithms into existing pipeline and software
- Proactively consult with chief architect in identifying and implementing the best technical solutions
- Select suitable architectures, implementation technologies, techniques and patterns. Design the implementation and then implement the requirements
- Keep documentation updated for all components in domain
- Foster a work environment of openness, complete honesty, trust and integrity
- Deliver always on time and on target with exceptional quality at a very quick pace
- Exceptional technical implementation skills, at least five (5) years of experience developing and implementing commercial software solution using C++, Qt, C# or Silverlight.
- Prior experience on mobile devices (Symbian, WP7, Android, iOS) and software automation is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Basic admin skills and knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Past experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Delivery of a major commercial software product and/or service is a strong plus
- Experience in software testing processes and tools (unit/regression testing, integration testing, etc.) a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (English) required - can translate product requirements and specifications into architectures and production quality code and provide clear, concise input to plans
- Ability to discuss issues openly
- Detail-oriented and focused
- Ability to quickly get involved in unknown areas and draw logical conclusions combined with the ability to make and support sometimes unconventional decisions. Ability to support recommendation with data and existing research and implementations
Our culture is founded on openness, collaboration and honesty, with colleagues who are brilliant in their field, resilient, and above all, strive for the best. One team, where everyone makes a difference and everyone is heard. We care. Even in tough times.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Systems or equivalent experience
We are driven by a better tomorrow, not just by past success. We make great products and services for millions of people, positively improving their daily lives. We are on a path where simplicity and "thinking big" can lead to great things.
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: US-Sunnyvale
Organization: Location & Commerce
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Job Type: Experienced
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
26 May 2012 18:59:00
Nokia is one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First incorporated in the Finnish city it's named after, Nokia's business...