Buyer - 2nd & Charles - Newark, DE
All associates are eligible to complete any Training Course. District Managers and General Managers may choose people in the store to be in line for the Co-Manager position(s) and have them complete the needed Specialist Training Courses and Management Training Course before a position becomes available.
Buyer Job Summary
The Buyer is responsible for providing each customer with a consistent and quality assessment of their used merchandise.
Reports to the Buying Manager
- Provide quotes to customers for purchase of product and authorizing the intake of product into store inventory.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service to each customer.
- Operation of the Buying Computer, including looking up books, and entering books into BASIL system.
- Provide a clean workplace which includes dusting, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and assisting in the general maintenance of the building.
- Ensure efficient and timely evaluation of all incoming product.
- Buying/Merchandising Experience
- 18 years of age or older.
- Positive background check
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Demonstrated and continued adherence to all Second & Charles Policies and Procedures, including the Code of Conduct and Customer Service Policy.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a mature and conscientious manner.
- Completion of required training.
DE-Newark-101 Geoffrey Drive-#2105
Books-A-Million -- Retail
Books-A-Million - 18 months ago