This Accounting Specialist position will be one of the primary contacts in the Capital Asset Accounting group for new and existing assets for Stores, the Distribution network, and Corporate Office. This individual reviews capital expenditures, transfers and retirements analyzing the data to ensure it is accurate and following proper application of Lowes capitalization policy. This Specialist ensures assets are accounted for timely, accurately, documenting any discrepancies and reported daily and monthly to the required department contacts. This position requires constant communications with various departments to resolve issues to maintain control and quality of the assets reported.
The position requires 1-2 years of accounting experience in an automated environment. The candidate must also display the following core competencies:
- Analytical and math skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable using Windows and MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Access
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Attentive to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
With fiscal year 2011 sales of $50.2 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,745 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Lowe’s accounting experience
- Knowledge of Lowe’s systems including PeopleSoft General Ledger, PS nVision, PS Query, and DART
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
Lowe's - 2 years ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...