Sr FPGA Engineer
This position is part of the post-silicon team that is focused on bringing the leading edge Intel Atom(TM) processors to market. Configured in state of the art SoCs, the Atom emphasis is to enable an incredible user experience with highly integrated functionality while driving the industry with longer battery life. As part of the Center of Excellence for Atom development, this team is located in Austin, TX.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of FPGA modules for use in the post silicon validation environment. These designs consist of ASIC porting to FPGA models and creating FPGA based bus exercisers. You will also be responsible for testing, debug and support of these designs.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong self-motivation
- Thorough problem solving
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- Must have a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- At the Masters level, a minimum of 5 years of experience with FPGA/ASIC development and verification
- At the Bachelors level, a minimum of 7 years of experience with FPGA/ASIC development and verification
- Minimum 5 years of experience with large FPGA development on Xilinx or Altera devices
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Altera's or Xilinx's build/design flow including design entry in verilog, synthesis, place and route, timing constraints and timing closure.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in lab FPGA debug methodologies such as ChipScope, or other debug tools.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in SoC RTL verification in Pre Silicon environment using emulators/FPGA-based systems, FPGA synthesis, script writing for tool integration, and/or object oriented design
- Minimum 3 years of experience in programming using C and scripting language (Perl, and/or TCL)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Verilog, and/or VHDL coding and simulation
- 2+ years of experience in board design and board bring up
- 2+ years of experience in pre and/or post silicon validation
- 2+ years of experience with hardware design/debug
- 2+ years of experience in SoC architecture
Nov 30, 2012
Dec 1, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Atom(TM) and SoC Development Group
Employees in Intel's Atom(TM) and SoC Development Group design and implement the Intel mobile technology used in notebooks, netbooks, nettops, phones, ultra-mobile PCs and other portable devices. Intel's industry leading technology includes processors, System-on-Chips (SoCs), Enhanced Data for GSM Environment (EDGE), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), Wi-Fi and WiMAX wireless radios. These technologies are driving the new mobile era of semiconductors, where people will carry their computing with them, making it truly personal. This group is growing very quickly, and has the broadest set of mobile and wireless technologies in the industry. The group developed and is producing the Intel Atom (TM) processor and several related products.
Job requires local resident or a relocation to Austin.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...