Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide.
Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
Meet with Assistant Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
Complete opening duties such as setting up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies; inspecting the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies; checking production schedule and pars; establishing priority items for the day and informing the Assistant Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
Continue prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
Breakdown work station and complete closing duties as assigned.
Properly label and dates all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
Apply basic knife skills required for service.
Read, measure and execute recipes.
Maintain a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
Versatile in preparing both hot and cold items.
Assist Master Cook as needed in execution of service.
Assist Pantry Workers and Helpers as needed in execution of service.
Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups.
Work as a team, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
Effectively communicate with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
Other related duties as necessary.
- At least 2 years of fine dining experience.
- Able to prepare sauces, soups, garnishes, salads, cold and hot appetizers, and amuse bouches, as well as prepare meat, fish, poultry, and vegetables in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Have knowledge of beef, including: grades, cuts and methods of preparations.
- Ability to properly operate stoves, grills, fryers, rotisseries, broilers, and other utensils in preparing the food orders.
- Ability to read, translate and execute recipes.
- Excellent knife skills (cut, dice, mince and slice).
- Possess excellent interpersonal service skills, along with organization skills to plan time effectively.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance & demeanor.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read & write in English.
- An Associate’s Degree in F&B and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...