Wintel System Administrator - Taunton, MA
Remote Work Authorized
Jun 6, 2013, 11:24:35 AM
Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of a library of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
- 6+ years of IT support experience with the majority of it with Windows Server 2003, 2008
- 4+ years Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
- Experience with NetApp storage, VMware and VDI
- U.S. Citizen
- Position is on-site in Taunton, MA
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...