As a Direct Reservations Sales Agent with Holland America Line, you will become a resource for our guests and assist in planning the vacation of their dreams while selling a range of travel products and services. You will respond to a variety of calls from direct consumers and Travel Agents in an inbound call center environment. You will utilize your superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and book cruises, cruisetours and travel options. Providing quality customer service on all calls, you will assist direct consumers and Travel Agents with problems that might occur on a reservation, provide post sales support and work across departments to provide seamless resolution.
Note - We are hiring for a training class start date of March 4th 2013
Apply professional sales techniques in the promotion and sale of cruises and cruisetours for direct consumers (primary) and Travel Agents. Demonstrate sales effectiveness by securing deposits on reservations made.
Providing superior customer service; research and answer all questions/concerns related to company product and/or specifically the customer's reservation.
Proactively assist direct consumers or Travel Agents with problems that might occur on a reservation; work with other departments or supervisor in an effort to resolve the problem in a courteous/timely manner.
Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and management thru both oral and written communication.
Provide customers accurate information consistent with department standards, document customer information, recap itinerary and advise of correct terms and conditions
Work independently in an inbound call center meeting sales and performance metrics, adherence and availability requirements. Adhere to department Quality Assurance guidelines for customer contacts and utilizes feedback to improve performance and customer experience.
Willing to work a schedule inclusive of evenings and/or weekends. Schedule remains subject to change on a permanent or temporary basis should business needs require. Our Call Center operates 7 days a week with weekday hours 5am - 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 6am - 5pm
This position includes a monthly sales incentive plan in addition to base salary.
- Previous sales experience required, preferably in the travel or hospitality industry
- Highly motivated sales person with strong closing skills and the ability to overcome objections.
- Comfortable providing sales thru delivering quality customer service in an inbound call center environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening and communication skills (verbal and written), including strong phone presence.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Self starter, quick learner with the ability to handle multi-tasking and work under pressure to meet targets.
- Demonstrated success working independently in a demanding environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Outlook
Holland America Line Inc - 9 months ago