Developing a new tire is a technically challenging process. These challenges include a high quality product providing an ultra-safe, long-lasting smooth-riding, high-performance cornering & traction but fuel efficient & quiet interface between the vehicle and the road surface (everything from asphalt, stone, gravel to mountains and even the moon.)
Michelin Americas Research Company (MARC) is looking for innovative Engineers to make the impossible, possible.
Tomorrow's vehicles are making imagination a critical element in the design and development of the new transportation industry. New technologies, materials and constructions all enable new thinking and design in both the vehicles and all of their components, especially the tires. And since the tire is such a complex system that involves more than 1,000individual elements and factors, the Product Research Engineer must be a unique combination of right brain visionary and left brain problem solver.
Defines and executes exploratory studies
Defines and concretizes technical scenarios that answer the demands of research programs
Contributes to the elaboration of the 'dossiers techniques' of generated technologies
Contributes to the design verifications and reviews within the concept program
Contributes to the reporting of the findings related to the product
Defines the perimeter of application of generated technologies and their impact on product and industrial performance
Defines with the patent group the IP protection of generated technologies
Works on the concept platform in co-conception with the other designers
Capitalization of the knowledge acquired during the concept work conducted
Michelin believes that a comprehensive benefit plan is an important component of its overall employee Total Rewards Program. A few highlights from the Michelin North America's Benefits Program:
Healthcare: Major Medical and preventive care; Dental; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); Supplemental Vision Plan.
Life Insurance: Group Term life; Short-Term and long-term disability.
Retirement and Savings Plan: Defined contribution pension; 401k savings plan: 529 college savings plan.
Moving Forward Together
Join Michelin and start your career moving forward. Your job with Michelin marks the start of a shared adventure and your first step on the road to professional mobility. Our highly adaptable employees are offered a variety of career opportunities with an international flavor, interacting with people from different culture and experiences. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in one of our facilities.
Apply Today - Our application process will take approximately 15 minutes. Thank you for your interest in Michelin.
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated analytical skills adapted to modeling of physical mechanisms (e.g., dynamics, continuum mechanics or heat transfer) and/or systems (e.g., vehicle dynamics)
- Experience applying numerical simulation (FEA analysis of non-linear materials a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct experimental work to validate numerical/analytical models
- Demonstrated ability to identify new technologies through a combination of modeling and experimental analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with operators and test engineers in the realization and testing of the developed product
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Matlab or C++
- Basic statistical capability, including linear and non-linear regression
- Experience with testing procedures and test machinery is advantageous
Monster - 11 months ago