Title: Senior Linux System Administrator
Location: Milpitas, CA
We are looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator to help us architect and maintain our Unix server and network infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, and intimately familiar with Unix operating systems and software, provide sound proofs-of-concepts, willing to perform cross-functional duties as necessary, and have a proven history of creating tools and automating routine IT/Business tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to, the administration, support, and maintenance of the following:
- System administration, performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, account management
- OS installation, support, performance tuning, monitoring, applying service packs, etc.
- Active Directory/LDAP support and maintenance (e.g. integration with MS AD, utilizing AD for other IT/business functions)
- End user support for system infrastructure (server and network)
- Troubleshooting and resolution of server issues, networks, remote access, network switches, routers, wireless, firewalls, etc.
- Proactive monitoring of server systems (e.g. uptime, failover, anti-viral, anti-spamming, etc.)
- Maintain and support backups for servers and clients
- Participate in long-term strategies for IT
- Writing of tools, scripts, etc., as necessary
- Receiving, racking, cabling and installation of new systems to be built and put into service
- On-call as needed with participation in 24X7 support
- Support miscellaneous systems as necessary (phone switch, filers, IT applications)
This is a summary only. Duties and responsibilities may be changed over time.
The ideal candidate would have broad IT skills covering:
- Linux/Unix IT Automation experience (Puppet preferred)
- Database administration skills, MySQL clustering experience a big plus.
- Server related technology (e.g. RAID systems, backups, SAN, etc.), NetApp experience a big plus
- Experience with web and application servers
- Security experience with local/networked file systems, IPSEC, VPN, SAMBA
- Experience with performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Scripting and/or automation skills
- Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, UDP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SMTP, NIS
- Networking skills (e.g. routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, wireless, etc.)
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience working as a Linux/Unix Administrator
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Fedora, and Ubuntu
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, the ability to work individually, within a team, and with other groups
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels
The candidate should be able to discuss and explain their experiences as they relate to the job responsibilities and requirements.
FireEye, Inc, is an Enqual Opportunity Employer
FireEye - 20 months ago
FireEye has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and...