Job Category: Sales
Location: Washington, DC, US
Job ID: 823574-101600
Microsoft Consulting Services, Federal National Security Group Practice is searching for a services sales professional who has direct experience with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in selling & managing complex services engagements. The role requires a solid understanding of Microsoft’s technology, competitive positioning, and experience in the delivery of large, complex and strategic information technology projects for the enterprise. The candidate must possess a demonstrated fluency calling on high-level business decision makers (CIO, CFO) with IT project-specific outcomes. This position will work closely with the Sales Account Executives responsible for product sales in developing and executing the overall services strategy for Microsoft’s Department of Homeland Security customers as part of the Microsoft Homeland Security Division within the National Security Group.
1. Creating a services business development plan in conjunction with the Account Executives for Microsoft’s DHS business
2. Prospecting and qualifying opportunities for consulting services (architectural, advisory, development and deployment services)
3. Scoping the engagement utilizing various Microsoft technical resources, including key consultants, architects, Program Managers, and Engagement Managers
4. Participating in Services Quality Assurance for high risk / high dollar engagements
5. Preparing the proposals, statements of work & corresponding contracts and shepherding them through the Microsoft and Federal contracting and procurement processes
6. Providing a monthly forecast to management for new work sold
7. Acting as primary point-of-contact for managing the engagement and customer expectations throughout the duration of the project.
The candidate must possess deep experience with project definition and management - and employ various project enablers (third-party subcontractors, partnerships, Systems Integrators and outsourcing services) to complement the proposed solution. Experience in integrating Microsoft and non-Microsoft enterprise technologies (Linux, Unix, Websphere, iPlanet, Oracle) is highly desired - and will enhance the candidate’s credibility with respect to enterprise architecture and IT strategy. Government consulting and solution selling experience highly desired.
Additionally, the candidate must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle - including the management of multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to the client’s satisfaction. The position demands an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in managing customer expectations, change orders and crisis situations. Also, the ability to deliver articulate and effective strategic presentations is required.
This position is located in Washington DC area and requires up to 25% travel. Candidate must be US Citizen and must be able to hold a security clearance.
- At least 10 years relevant working experience with demonstrated expertise in project and consulting (and consulting sales) management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and directly relevant experience is required.
- 5 years of Government customer experience is required, with a preference for experience calling DHS
- Possess strong business development and software, solutions and / or services sales skills.
- Extremely strong written, verbal and communication skills (including proposal writing and presentation building)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to team with Sales, Technical, and Operations resources
- Strong understanding and experience with incorporating third-party participants into a single customer proposal
- A solid understanding of Microsoft’s business value proposition and products, including how solutions are built, and what is involved in implementing solutions with customers
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do quality work under tight deadlines
- Solid project management skills including risk assessment and management experience
- Able to manage a frequent travel schedule.
Microsoft - 20 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...