Solara Surgical Partners develops and manages Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC's) and other surgical facilities across the United States. It is important that physicians research and consult with knowledgeable and experienced experts who understand the management, development, planning, and licensing issues that surgery centers face. While there are many companies that develop Ambulatory Surgery Centers, it is critical that physicians choose the surgery center management company that will provide the best results. Solara Surgical Partners is based in Southlake, Texas, a suburb of Dallas-Fort Worth, 15 minutes northwest of DFW Airport.
Planning, organizing, directing and evaluation of activities for the revenue management of the facilities; assisting with development, implementation and evaluation of all business office process, policies and procedures; monitoring, advising and training the facility staff members to achieve optimum financial performance of the facility.
Key tasks and responsibilities (essential functions):
1. Assist in direction and training of the Facility Business Offices and oversight of the following functions:
Intake, Medical Records, Billing, Coding, Collections, Insurance Verification, Scheduling
2. Possess the ability to provide back up for the job descriptions related to the listed functions.
3. Coordinate and participate in events involved in the review and analysis of Business Office activities for facility patient accounts, identification of issues and areas of improvement proactively.
4. Assist in the determination and enforcement of corrections required for identified problem resolution.
5. Provide support to and answer a variety of correspondence from respective facility staff members, insurance companies and other concerned parties regarding Business Office related inquiries, processes and issues.
6. Oversee and ensure timeliness and accuracy of daily/monthly routines of the entire accounts receivable process.
7. Ensure compliance with policy and procedures as related to internal controls.
8. Assist in the preparation of financial reports and business office performance analysis, setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
9. Assist with development and recommendation of policies and procedures for all Business Office functions and monitor compliance of such.
10. Is thoroughly familiar with each facility’s third party payer contracts and ensures the business office staff is provided the information and training to also understand the contract terms as is appropriate to their position.
11. Assist with weekly/monthly reporting procedures, as well as the month end close process as needed.
12. Maintain and handle maintenance of system areas relating to the Business Office and Revenue Cycle Management.
13. Maintain expert knowledge of A/R system and A/R system reporting.
14. Ensure each facility’s fee schedule is accurately loaded into the billing software.
15. Ensure proper maintenance and completion of all forms for documentation in the patient’s medical records.
16. Assist with compilation of statistics for running required state reports each quarter.
17. Help maintain the confidentiality of the patient’s medical and financial information.
18. Keep job related skills current through training programs.
19. Participate in all compliance programs.
20. Participate in loss prevention by protecting company assets and maintaining a safe environment. Participate in and initiate the training of the Facility Business Office Staff as is appropriate to their duties.
21. Perform other related duties incidental to the work required in this job description.
22. Support the use of new technology; attend technology training sessions; demonstrate skill in using technology.
23. Maintain compliance requirements without reminder or follow-up, including annual compliance training; license/certification renewal; specialized training requirements; annual TB testing; etc.
24. Demonstrate the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
25. Adhere to established safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
26. Integrate knowledge, attitudes, and skills and behaviors to maintain consistent standards of care and competency based practice following standards of care and center policy.
27. Interact with all persons in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional environment.
28. Explain procedures in terms others understand; shares resources with other (ex: computers, knowledge); provides information in a timely manner; informs patients or coworkers of any delays; tries to find a solution to patient or coworker issues.
29. Look for ways to continually improve work methods that will benefit patients, physicians, and coworkers; respects coworkers and works cooperatively as a team to improve patient care/services excellence; avoids all contact with patient information that does not involve role at the center; practices good personal hygiene, including keeping nails trimmed; identifies the center, department and self when answering outside calls.
Experience required: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Two or more years’ experience in patient account management in a facility, hospital or physician practice setting preferred. Experienced in word processing and spreadsheet software. Good knowledge of correct bookkeeping, billing and collection practices. Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Good personal credit report required.