A senior-level position as a full-stack engineer playing a crucial role in constructing the technical infrastructure and code architecture of KaBOOM!’s technical initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, design, development, and maintain new and existing web products and applications in an Agile (two-week iterations, bug-days & pair programming) environment
- Contribute as a full stack engineer to ALL portions of the development cycle, including the front-end/UI, application, data, server, and (virtual) hardware layers, etc.
- Find and implement the right tool(s) for the job
- Make the team stronger
- Make the product better
- Actively contributes to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have 4+ years experience developing/configuring all levels of the stack with web applications, with minimally 1 year with Ruby on Rails (Rails 3.0+)
- Feel very comfortable working in the database layer, from creating DDLs to setting up monitoring tools for performance tracking and visibility. PostgreSQL experience preferred.
- Think setting up new Ubuntu/Linux servers by hand is not fun after the first time, and you’d rather write a configuration script using any of the great configuration management tools available (Ansible, Fabric, Chef, Puppet, etc…)
- Recognize that getting the job done is the most important thing at the end of the day, and sometimes that means by brute force in lieu of elegantly designed solutions
- Want to work with your (albeit small) team to in a constructive and productive way; to achieve the end-goal of making it run like a well-oiled machine
- Appreciate TDD and BDD
- Feel very comfortable with Git
The employee must have the ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct; the ability to handle stress, get along with others, and work in a cooperative and team oriented manner. Office days may involve sitting at desk, using computer for 10-12 hours. Other job tasks will require movement around the office.