Red Hat is the world’s leading open source software company, and our Solutions Architects are one of
the reasons why.
Red Hat Solutions Architects are the front-line catalysts who create possibilities, solve problems, and
establish working relationships with customers. This means helping them invest wisely in an
infrastructure that gives them maximum flexibility in the future while helping them run faster and more
The best first impression is a real solution.
Although classified as a sale position, it’s a lot more than that. Red Hat Solution Architects have a big
impact. They help make open source technology practical and workable for big enterprise customers.
This requires a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, and a deep
understanding of business processes and IT problems faced at the enterprise level.
Solutions architects also have great communications and people skills, because they are comfortable
presenting product features and benefits to a hotel ballroom full of curious engineers. They’re also as
comfortable making a solid business case a to closed-door meeting of C-level executives.
Our Solutions Architects are very important to us because they engineer the first deep experience our
customers have with Red Hat. When our Solutions Architects create value and solve problems for our
customers, we all win.
For open source experts with a lot of passion, it’s a chance to make a real difference every day. Primary job responsibilities
from across the Red Hat Enterprise Linux product suite.
- Collaborate with the sales team and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the best solutions
- Pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products and
sales presentations and product demonstrations and prepare detailed product specifications.
- Use deep product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through
readily obtained. Required skills
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be
- 5 + years experience as a Sales Engineer, including architecting and implementing Linux or Unix
large enterprise IT organizations.
- Proven track record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and C-levels throughout
Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Network Satellite, MRG, and other related technologies.
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about open source technologies and community-based development.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX / Linux systems, preferably in Red Hat platform products including Red
languages: Python, Perl, and Java are preferred.
- Knowledge of technologies such as clustering, directory services, identity management. Programming
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...