Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East as well as other markets. It offers a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services for individuals, small businesses, mid-sized and large companies as well as multinational corporations. Zurich employs about 60,000 people serving customers in more than 170 countries. The Group, formerly known as Zurich Financial Services Group, is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1872. The holding company,
Zurich Insurance Group Ltd (ZURN), is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and has a level I American Depositary Receipt program which is traded over-the-counter on OTCQX. Further information about Zurich is available at www.zurich.com.
In North America, Zurich (www.zurichna.com) is a leading commercial property-casualty insurance provider serving the global corporate, large corporate, middle market, specialties and programs sectors. In addition, Zurich also offers life insurance products and services. 2012 marks Zurich's 100 year anniversary of insuring America and the success of its customers, shareholders and employees. Zurich first brought its knowledge and experience in workers' compensation insurance from Switzerland to America in 1912 to help its customers take intelligent risks and build the America known today. Further information about Zurich's 100 year anniversary of insuring America is available at http://www.zurichna.com/100. In the U.S., risk engineering services are provided by Zurich Services Corporation. Life insurance offered in the United States is issued by Zurich American Life Insurance Company, an Illinois domestic life insurance company with offices in Schaumburg, Illinois and New York City.
Working for Zurich will provide you with:
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Contract Surety Underwriter for our Surety Division in our Denver, CO office. We are looking for Contract Surety product experts and/or credit and risk analysts that have experience analyzing and evaluating public/private companies and financial/market trends. We are looking for someone with excellent market facing and technical skills.
- The opportunity to be involved and work in a global organization
- The opportunity for advancement and growth in the US and internationally
Our Contract Surety Underwriter is responsible for:
1. Marketing Zurich's Surety products and services.
2. Developing, underwriting, and managing a portfolio of Surety business.
3. Managing the selection/denial of new and/or renewal business.
4. Developing and maintaining relationships with brokers and customers.
5. Developing, administering and monitoring complex underwriting rules and guidelines.
6. Investigating, recommending and leading product development efforts.
7. Leading and participating on project and key initiative teams.
8. Assures development and implementation of policy, procedures and standards to produce profitable underwriting results.
9. Significantly contributing to process improvement and technology innovation.
10. Working in close collaboration with other teams within Zurich, including risk management, operations and finance.
11. Addressing governance and regulatory compliance issues.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. 5+ years of related experience including Contract Surety and/or Credit and Risk Analysis.
2. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Excellent credit analysis skills.
5. Strong negotiation skills.
6. Ability to effectively assess risk.
7. Ability to multi-task.
8. Ability to function in a team environment.
9. Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
10. PC literate.
11. Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
12. Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
13. Must be able to function effectively in team environment.
14. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
15. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
16. Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...