Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon, JBL, Mark Levinson and Infinity. The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Department: Information Technology (IT) - SBAM
- Analysis, design and transfer of business requirements into a SAP BI landscape.
- Significant contribution in architecting solutions.
- Implementation of data models, reports and applications.
- Customizing and programming.
- Development of training material, configuration and process documentations and organization of training courses.
- Preparing system documentation.
- Work to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- Proactively monitor the systems ensure availability of data.
- Improvement and maintenance of systems to include rollout and upgrades.
- Review project requests describing user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Conducts detailed analysis sessions with end users and business SMEs.
- Defines functional business requirements.
- Suggests options and recommendation solutions to key business users.
- Troubleshoots functional issues.
- Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
- Collaborates with Global Centers of Excellence for the respective technology tower.
- Work with vendor project teams on implementation projects.
- Provide Level 3 support of SAP BI systems.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computers, Information Technology, or related field.
- One needs at least 3 years of demonstrated experience with increasing responsibilities within a global, multicultural, multi-location organization.
- Must have strong technical skills in SAP BI / NetWeaver 7.x, Report and Designer tools. Working knowledge of SAP BW 3.x, ABAP, and Portals a plus.
- Good Experience in Project Management Methodology.
- Experience in handling Vendor teams.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects.
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
- Proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests, simultaneously managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing customer-facing, strategic projects as well as Application Development projects.
- Experience with outsourcing, contracts, and in managing virtual teams.
- Ability to influence and drive change.
- Possess advanced skills in cross-cultural awareness, leadership, influence, communication, problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Experience in building the processes, metrics, controls, governance, and organization necessary to deliver mission critical projects.
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI.
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.