The Senior Project Engineer has responsibility for coordinating all technical design activities for a product line from initial design to production release and support. This position serves as the communication and coordination link between the product development team and all other departments in the company.
- Responsible for total project software and hardware product design, production release, and certification.
- Generates project plans, schedules, and coordinates all engineering work.
- Responsible for design documentation and configuration management.
- Coordinates all design reviews throughout the development process.
- Provides technical support for new product introduction into the factory and field from his project team, as well as sustaining support for existing products.
- Interfaces with marketing and sales as required, to gather requirements for new products, assist with customer presentations, marketing trade shows and customer support as required.
- Responsible for project budget, schedule performance.
- A strong project management background with demonstrated experience in leading product development programs.
- 5+ years engineering experience in project leadership.
- Firsthand experience in at least one of the design disciplines.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams.
BS degree in Engineering or equivalent required
- Direct avionics design experience a plus.
- Direct experience with FAA certification processes related to avionics product and operational approvals a plus.
Apply for this position
Aspen Avionics, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, was founded by aviation enthusiasts in 2004. Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the...