The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located with the Marine Corps Network Operations and S ecurity Center (MCNOSC), Quantico, VA. This position serves as the S5 Information Assurance Officer responsible for the information assurance of enterprise IT systems and networks for Marine Corps. This position also provides global network operations and computer network defense in order to facilitate seamless information exchange in support of Marine and Joint Forces operating worldwide.
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance.
- Suitable for Federal employment as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- You must obtain and maintain a security SECRET clearance
- Position may require irregular/shift work hours (evenings and weekends).
· Interfaces with command Information Assurance Manager and higher headquarters to support the implementation and/or enhancement of policies and controls that adequately assess IT risks to ensure that all regulatory security requirements are addressed and system life cycles include provisions for appropriate security policies and procedures.
· Responsible for completing defense information assurance and certification and accreditation process (DIACAP) for MCNOSC enterprise solutions.
· Develops/maintains/updates system security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
· Participates in network and systems design reviews to validate implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
· Ensures information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are part of the systems analysis process.
· Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data. Evaluates all solutions for compliance with information assurance and cyber security policies and requirements. Provides recommendations to leadership on compliancy concerns.
· Reports on compliancy to operational directives (OPDIRS), operational advisories, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), and other direction as required.
EXPERIENCE: Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
· Experience in applying knowledge of current Marine Corps information assurance solution designs, components, supporting infrastructure, and system interfaces.
· Knowledge of networks and application systems design and development techniques to serve as a technical expert for a functional group and provide technical expertise performing analysis, development, maintenance and modification of systems in that area.
· Intimate knowledge of the major aspects and issues within the Marine Corps enterprise network system and service architecture plans, goals, objectives, work processes, and administrative operations.
· Substantive technical skills and knowledge to review and provide guidance on IA and cyber security configurations.
· High-level analytical skills, which enable the incumbent to serve as advisor to officials with oversight responsibilities on status of projects, projected future plans, and issues involving the relationship of the work supervised to broader programs and their impact on these programs.
· Knowledge of security concepts, methods, practices, and procedures as the paramount requirement in developing, evaluating, maintaining, and/or operating systems, policies, devices, procedures, and methods used for safeguarding information, property, personnel, operations, and materials.
· Capable of integrating information systems security with other security disciplines and coordinating and leading collaboration efforts for engineering security activities.
· Experience in applying advanced Information Technology (IT) principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices sufficient to accomplish assignments and provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management, and higher headquarters, and other technical specialists on critical Information Technology (IT) issues.
· Experience in interpreting policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of enterprise services.
· Mastery of systems area of information technology to serve as the Information Assurance authority
· Integrating information systems security with other security disciplines
· Serves as technical expert performing feasibility studies through detailed design activities which involve application of emerging or existing computer technology.
· Manages and coordinates the work efforts of military, civilians and contractors .
There is no education substitution for GS-12 AND GS-13 grade level.
You must obtain and maintain a n Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level III Certification within 6 months of appointment.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions .
Generally, current Federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A Secret security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Occasional travel is required which may involve the use of commercial and/or government aircraft.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, we will review your r esume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire , along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
1. KNOWLEDGE OF ADVANCED INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) PRINCIPLES,, CONCEPTS, METHODS, STANDARDS, AND PRACTICES
2. SKILL IN MANAGING THE WORK OF MILITARY, CIVILIAN AND CONTRACTORS
3. SKILL IN INTERPRETING POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND STRATEGIES OF ENTERPRISE SERVICES
4. SKILL IN INTERPRETING POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND STRATEGIES OF ENTERPRISE SERVICES
5. KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT MARINE CORPS ENTERPRISE SOLUTION DESIGNS, COMPONENTS, SUPPORTING INFRASTRUCTURE, AND SYSTEM INTERFACES
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Department of the Navy offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and a 401K-type retirement plan.
This Position is subject to Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Relocation expenses may or may not be authorized.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
The Department of the Navy uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Federal Annuitant Information:
The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligible:
ICTAP applicants must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. A well-qualified ICTAP applicant is one whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements; however, the individual would not necessarily be considered highly or best qualified. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ICTAP_Statement.pdf
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA):
Military Spouse Preference (MSP):
Veterans Preference Information:
30% or More Disabled Veterans:
usajobs.gov - 12 months ago
The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, attack...