Gr 8 - Scheduler - North Surgery Ctr - PRN
The Scheduler performs all routine clerical tasks and schedules all exams/procedures for all hospital-based services including:
- Outpatient diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Initial therapy evaluations
- Surgical cases with the exception of same day cases
- Initial request for clinic visits
- Referrals and services for inpatients, ordered at discharge, to be provided post discharge
- Scheduled admissions for future dates
- Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent education and/or experience.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials such as letters of medical necessity, letters of insurance payment appeals, and patient records; knowledge of general business operations, scheduling, insurance, and coding as would be acquired through two years of work experience in a hospital or healthcare setting.
- Ability to type 35 words per minute
- Basic understanding of medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations acquired either through work experience or education, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and projects and maintain control of own and others' work flow.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
Methodist Healthcare - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard