Under general direction manage the outreach unit which is responsible for communications development and distribution as well as marketing, event planning and promotion of research and affiliate projects and technologies.
Manage publication, publicity and other coordinated outreach activities for the California Lighting Technology Center. Work with UC Davis News Service to promote the Center, it's conferences and programs through news releases, media events and other media relations. Plan and execute CLTC events and public presentations on Outreach-related research projects or lighting-related topics.
Plan, organize, direct, and review the layout and design of visual presentations, publications or exhibits at the California Lighting Technology Center. Coordinate and manage CLTC professional and related personnel such as editors, writers, and artists in the production of finished publications for visual presentations, technical reports and other CLTC outreach activities.
Write proposals in response to public grant solicitations, and monthly status reports and prepare project documents to support outreach components present in overall research projects. Work with CLTC leadership and UCDs fundraising specialists to identify and pursue gift opportunities.
Move lighting equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet operational needs.
- Occasional travel including overnight stays to attend special events.
- Advanced educational knowledge in graphic design, communications, marketing, or related education and/or equivalent experience.
- Program management experience including scheduling concepts, methods and software.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat.
- Experience with production and distribution of bulletins, brochures, web sites, and special publications used to publicize and promote research and special programs including writing, editing and preparing magazine articles and public service materials.
- Experience planning, designing, developing, and maintaining web sites through both CMS applications and through HTML, CSS, and related web development languages
- Skills to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with offices, groups and agencies within the University and the community to facilitate program promotion objectives.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact and communicate with diverse groups including faculty, professional staff, students and the general public
- Experience preparing and summarizing technical papers and status reports, and presenting research results at conferences, trade shows and to project funders at project review meetings.
- Human resource management experience to recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, resolve problems/conflict, manage performance, and to build an effective team environment.
Quick Link To This Position:
- Knowledge of general illuminating concepts and energy-efficient lighting technologies.
- Knowledge of state and federal energy codes.
- Skills to identify a variety of potential communication solutions to problems, and to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience writing grant proposals.
University of California, Davis - 3 years ago
The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system in the...