Are you a talented, highly motivated Oracle DBA? Are you interested in a position with an established company developing software for SMART GRID? Come join ALSTOM Grid in developing highly complex, mission critical real-time software solutions for the SMART GRID Energy Industry.
ALSTOM Grid – Network Management Solutions -
The Network Management Solutions group provides real-time information solutions for the efficient, reliable and secure operation of transmission and distribution infrastructures and markets. ALSTOM Grid Inc.'s Center of Excellence located in Redmond, Washington, is home to 450+ staff specializing in the design, development and implementation of energy management and market software and in the integration of automation and information systems for electric utilities, oil & gas and other automated industries. The Company also provides project management for complex turnkey systems and associated automation support and IT migration. The technology developed in Redmond, WA is the market's recognized worldwide leader in energy management and market software solutions.
Alstom is a world leading manufacturer of engineered solutions for electrical grid applications in utility and industry settings. The Group provides integrated and customized turnkey solutions such as alternating current and direct current substations, from medium up to ultra-high voltages. Alstom's solutions enable the efficient transmission of electricity and support the development of Smart Grids and Super grids.
ALSTOM Grid - Network Management Solutions has an opening for an
in its Redmond, WA location. As
, you will be responsible for:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Perform database tuning, application tuning, performance monitoring, general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Maintain documentation and standards
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Performs database development and maintenance tasks. Designs and develops databases structures and scripts for complex data models.
- May play a role in identifying requirements and designs, and helps in deploying solutions for system delivery.
- May prepare software and system level documentation such as software design documents, installation guides, test plans, test procedures, interface specifications, and software maintenance manuals.
- Implements the accepted design within the scheduled time and budget.
- Travel to customer sites 5%, when required
Must have sound written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
Must have 2-5 years Oracle v10/v11 database administration experience including: backup & recovery, security management, datapump, advanced queues, RAC, dataguard, and performance tuning & monitoring
Must be able to install and configure Oracle in standalone and RAC environments
Must have 2-5 years of experience working with Oracle on Windows & Linux
Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle using source control systems (VSS, TFS)
- Proficiency in writing shell scripts (bash, sh, etc.)
- Must have 2-5 years programing in Oracle PL/SQL with working knowledge of advanced techniques and features (such as analytics, advanced queues, cursors, and types)
- Ability to write, understand, and tune very complex SQL statements (DML & DDL)
Ability to take direction and work independently on given tasks with multiple projects and deadlines
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
- 2-5 years of SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL experience is a plus.
- 2-5 years programing with Pro-C, OCI, and Java is a plus.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM today, and energize your future!
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. Our 93,000 employees rigorously apply the Alstom Code of Ethics and work closely with our community of stakeholders to deliver solutions and services that bear the label with Alstom. The Group had sales of $27.2 (20.3 euros) billion for the 2012/2013 fiscal year.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Alstom is an EOE of protected Veterans.
Alstom is a drug-free workplace.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected Veterans.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
ALSTOM - 12 months ago
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...