Mechanic - (Miralax Group)-PRO009916
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Cleveland site is located on 60 acres in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains. The site's mission is to be the primary plant for the support of the Consumer Healthcare business. Cleveland manufactures high-volume liquids, ointments, creams, aerosols, bag-on-valve products, powder filling, tablet blister packaging, medical devices and cosmetics.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment through set-up, changeover, production and preventive maintenance.
- Provide technical training/guidance to shift mechanics.
- Facilitate the preventive maintenance program for all manufacturing equipment to ensure operational effectiveness. Use electronic preventive maintenance system efficiently.
- Provide technical leadership to the maintenance team on a daily basis addressing site wide mechanical issues.
- Evaluate current processes and make necessary recommendations to optimize manufacturing operations.
- Provide technical assistance to the engineering group in the procurement and implementation of automated process systems.
Available shifts for this role include 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- High School Diploma
Preferred Education Requiremet:
- Associate Degree in a technical field
Required skills and Experience:
- Ten-Fifteen years manufacturing experience plus 8 job related courses or 20 years manufacturing experience.
- Excellent ability to trouble shoot equipment site wide including electrical components using an electrical meter.
- Ability to follow all required SOP's and cGMP's.
- Strong working knowledge of a maintenance tracking system.
- Proficient in PLC applications, electrical systems and Mechanical Processes.
- Ability to read wiring and pneumatic schematics and basic ladder logic diagrams.
- Must maintain a sense of urgency with the ability to make sound judgment and logical decisions.
- Demonstrate a willingness to enhance skill level through in-house and external pursuits.
- Ability to work when and where business demands require.
- Ability to work both independently and within team settings.
- Ability to work overtime as required by business need.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Production / Maintenance
Job Title : Senior Technician
Primary Location: NA-US-TN-Cleveland
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Merck & Co. - 13 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...