The Vault Teller processes and validates coin and currency amounts related to deposits and other cash transactions. The vault teller is also responsible for counting the money and balancing the vault to ensure compliance with company guidelines and standards and maintains an accurate record of all exchanges.
Employee will have extensive contact with customers, vendors, the general public, and bank staff and will interact in a professional and courteous manner, and conduct him/herself in such relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall efficiency and image of the bank.
• Stock and prepare cash drawer for Kalispell Lobby.
• Receive cash orders and prepare spreadsheet; call in Fed order.
• Fill change orders as they come in.
• Order Canadian Money.
• Balance Canadian and mutilated money.
• Ship to and receive money from Fed.
• Collect sell-downs from tellers at closing.
• Balance vault cash.
• Backup for teller line or drive up.
• Participate in Community Service and Bank-sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of Glacier Bank.
• Provide superior internal and external customer service: must demonstrate self-governance, courtesy and respect toward external customers as well as internal customers (all organization personnel).
• Complete required bank and BVS training courses within assigned time frame(s).
• All employees are accountable for compliance with applicable laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to participate in required training to become familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Represent Glacier Bank in a professional manner which includes a professional image, confidentiality, a positive “can-do” attitude, good attendance, punctuality, flexibility and adaptability in meeting bank and customer needs. Keep work area tidy and maintain customer privacy.
• Additional duties as requested or assigned.
• Highly developed sales and customer service skills required.
• High degree of attention to detail as well as excellent organizational skill(s) to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have ability to prioritize and organize heavy workload(s) and demonstrate effective time management skill(s).
• Ability to work quickly and accurately: perform effectively under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and make decisions based on regulation(s), company policy(s), knowledge and experience.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Must have the ability to work in a professional manner and consistently demonstrate courtesy, customer service, and tact in a fast-paced/deadlines-oriented environment.
• Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer skill with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, ten-key, and general computer applications.
• Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A moderate level of banking knowledge desired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle and feel items, write, read, and keyboard. The employee is frequently required to climb up and down stairs. Occasionally, the employee must sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may infrequently be required to climb and balance. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is infrequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works primarily indoors, works with others and works around others. The employee may work extended days/hours. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. - 9 months ago