Address: 8081 Arco Corporate Drive, Raleigh, NC
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Pay Type: Salaried
% Travel Required: 0
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 03/11/2013
- The Senior Underwriter position is responsible for adjudicating loan applications that are not auto decisioned. The underwriter also reviews requests that are complex credit structures to include Hold co, LLC, Trusts..
- This position also has the responsibility to review appeals and escalated requests.
- 2140 booked loans which represent about 7000 application touches which is forecasted to close in 2013.
- Responsible for rendering credit decisions consistent with portfolio, Agency, and insurer policies on mortgage and consumer loan applications.
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision.
- Negotiate loan terms (where applicable).
- Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied.
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal, and financial documentation received.
- Maintain knowledge of current mortgage products and RBC Mortgage Operations /Sales Policy & Procedure.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience with mortgage and/or consumer underwriting.
- Experience with automated and manual underwriting.
- Experience with underwriting loan requests for High Net Worth or commercial like applicants.
- Experience in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and written skills.
- Ability to make sound credit decisions.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational and communication skills needed.
- In depth knowledge of loan products, terms, and conditions.
- Able to evaluate and validate supporting loan documents.
- Knowledge of RBC policies and procedures.
- High school diploma.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commercial underwriting experience.
- LP & DU experience
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
Interested in finding out more? Click here .
RBC - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. The...