Introduction & Job Description
Support the Assembly Process Team in ensuring product design requirements are being met through the development and use of assembly process controls and measures. Provide technical support and analysis on quality related issues in order to ensure timely resolution. Work with the Process or Quality Engineer to develop, plan and implement prevention based quality controls to facilitate continuous reductions in assembly process variations and defects. Support the Corrective Action System in order to create a quality culture and improve customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Quality Engineer in developing and implementing the process to define assembly and packaging process control elements, ensure conformance to them and capture non conformances. Assist in instructing assembly, Manufacturing Engineering and Assembly Lead personnel in their use.
- Assist in developing and improving the measures being used to verify assembly and packaging process conformance and drive continuous improvements. Assist in generating and posting reports on assembly and packaging process quality measures.
- Regularly communicate with the Quality Engineer to review assembly or packaging related quality issues in order to ensure follow-up through the development of a containment and permanent solution.
- Assist with creation, posting and coummunication of Quality Alerts on new assembly or packaging issues.
- Support creating a quality culture and awareness by being a visible presence on the shop floor and assisting with the timely troubleshooting on assembly and packaging process quality problems.
- Work with the Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer and Product Engineer to review current quality check gauges/tools and EOL test equipment and prcedures in order to ensure they are capable of verifying conformance to customer and design requirements. Support the development and implementation of improved tools, tests, or procedures as required.
- Assist with the investigation of reported external quality issues that are believed to be assembly driven and present findings to Quality Engineer.
- Assist with root cause analysis on assembly related quality issues and work issue through containment phase of corrective action process. Support Quality Engineer in updating 8D document on assembly related quality issues.
Completed or in process of obtaining: BSME, BSMET, or BSEET
Prior internship or one year of experience working in a technical position.
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Developing knowledge, but practical strong aptitude of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems and components.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Experience working with or in a structrued process.
- Developing engineering analysis skills.
- Good communication, presentation and team skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated with a high level of initiative, able to work independently.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills.
- Fluent English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to be critical and accept criticism.
- Must be able to work 30-40 hours per week.
Proficient in use of MS Office software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Capability to learn new software.
Nilfisk-Advance Group - 10 months ago