Physical Location: 2501 NW 229th Ave Location: Site Services - West
Location City: Hillsboro Department/Function: US VWR CATALYST
State/Territory/Province: US-OR Last updated: 4/1/13 10:20 AM
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
The Material Handler/Runner is responsible for carrying out routine tasks at a customer site, all of which can include: receiving (packages), point of use replenishment (inventory), and production packaging. Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate orders for consumable lab inventory replenishment ; enter orders into computer systems
- Receive inbound shipments from UPS, Fed-ex, and other common carriers
- Responsible for preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
- Resolve all shipping errors
- Manage customer’s warehouse inventory including delivery product replenishment (may require driving between facilities to deliver product)
- Dispense production material into predetermined containers to prepare for shipping to customer
- Basic shipping duties
- May require traveling to customer sites
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 -4 years equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and transportation
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment, routinely walking 5-7 miles per day and carrying materials up and down staircases.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word, Excel, and data entry skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of VWR’s products and services
- Problem-solving skills
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
VWR International - 12 months ago