M.D./D.O. in Neurology or Psychiatry specialty. Medical license required. Meets the training and experience requirements for examination by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology..
Primary Job Functions
Summary of Primary Functions
- Maintains active or associate membership on PHS Medical Staff in good standing. Abides by all relevant obligations as set forth in the Rules and Regulations of PHS Medical Staff Organization. . Works in a collegial, facilitative manner with PHS physicians and all appropriate medical staff sections and departments.
- Performs professional clinical duties as the psychiatrist of record for patients as directed, according to accepted standards of professional psychiatric practice. This includes collaboration and effective communication with nursing and ancillary staff, participation in multi-disciplinary treatment planning, and thorough documentation in medical record.
- Participates in on-call duties in rotation with other staff psychiatrists as directed.
- Active participation in initiatives to improve clinical and service quality as directed by program administration.
- Serves in a leadership role in regard to the care of own patients. With input from nursing and ancillary staff, directing the course of treatment and educating staff.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 23 months ago