Linaro Platform Engineering is providing full system stack baselines as well as automation tools and services that power the majority of Linaro WG efforts through providing them with a streamlined engineering platform for daily development as well highly automated system stack solutions derived from popular, open-source linux distributions used for continuous integration, validation and release activities across the engineering organization. By doing that you will help us guarantee that upstream solutions developed in Linaro are applicable, feasibility and efficiency developed as part of our upstream focussed Working Group efforts.
As a OS Engineer - Kernel/Bootloader, you will join a talented team of distribution specialist and generalists distributed around the globe. In that team you will be able to use your passion for building complete, open-source linux systems as well as your strong generalist skills set to be a strong partner to provide Linaro Working Group efforts with a stable and up to date engineering platform based on supported distributions (Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenEmbedded). You will be able to use your talent to ensure that specialists that work on deep problems on individual upstream components such as the kernel can benefit for the efficiencies of having a rock solid and streamlined engineering platform for the supported platforms.
Further, you will use your communication and organization skills to work with key Linaro projects from day 1 to ensure that those efforts get a streamlined engineering platform as well as appropriate validation and automation for their specific needs.
- Maintain Ubuntu packaging of Linaro Kernel including daily continuous integration builds using Jenkins. Update packaging periodically to sync with Ubuntu upstream. Re-evaluate if packaging should track Ubuntu or possibly move to Debian or just keep current version and not update. Add new/retire old platforms as Linaro supported platforms change over time.
- Maintain Linaro version of U-Boot including Linaro specific patches and Ubuntu packaging of u-boot-linaro.
- Other Platform tasks as assigned by Team Lead.
- Maintain, customize and release builds for Linaro engineering efforts
- Collaborate with team members, peers and managers on components integration.
- Participate in open source communities code submissions and work with the community for code patches and acceptance.
- Provide technical guidance, training and mentoring to other team members in the working groups.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering or related job experience
- Strong experience with the Linux distributions stack
- Technical skills including build systems, packaging and cross compilation knowledge
- Excellent software debugging, problem solving and software testing skills
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills
- Outstanding oral communication skills - ability to tailor conversations with staff of differing technical backgrounds and management levels
- Excel in a distributed team environment working with various departments
- Eagerness to obtain domain knowledge
Linaro - 19 months ago
Linaro is a not-for-profit software engineering company investing in core Linux software and tools for ARM SoCs.
We deliver software...