NCI Group, Inc is a leading manufacturer of custom-engineered buildings and components offering standard and make-to-order structural systems that bring maximum in-place value to customers and maximum shareholder equity.
This role is of an experienced transportation sourcing specialist. It will require a working knowledge of carrier operations, rate structures and contracts. The ability to meet with, and negotiate effectively with senior executives must be demonstrated along with the ability to complete multiple, complex, tasks and assignments. Operating in an intense work pressure environment with tight deadlines is a standard feature of the role.
- Purchasing transportation services across all modes
- Manage the planning and launch of RFIs and RFPs (may leverage eSourcing technology tools)
- Understand the vendors’ rate structures across modes in order to negotiate the best rates possible
- Carrier development including the analysis of new potential carrier service offerings
- Onboard / initiate contracting new carriers / vendors
- Develop corporate transportation & logistics policies and procedures
- Provide rigorous TMS analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to prioritize and launch sourcing initiatives
- Contribute to the implementation and development of Transportation Management System.
- Private Fleet Management (~60 power units)
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation or other Business related field
- 8+ years of transportation purchasing experience
- Experience with Oracle’s Transportation Management system or other Transportation Management System Preferred
- Private Fleet Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Project/Negotiation management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
NCI Building Systems - 2 years ago
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...