The UMMC Department of Radiology is home to a nationally recognized team of specialists who utilize the latest and most innovative technologies available to provide our patients the diagnosis, consultation and intervention they seek. Our staff work with state-of-the-art imaging equipment in an all digital PACS environment and experience some of the most cutting edge treatments and procedures in health care today.
We are currently seeking a Radiology Information Systems Analyst to join our EPIC Radiant team. The RIS Analyst is responsible for the managing and maintaining the RIS systems across the medical system to include training users, developing system enhancements, analyzing and resolving system problems and updating and revising system procedures. Other duties include:
- Manage the daily operations of the transcription and scheduling staff.
- Perform daily system tasks to the departmental computer systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operation.
- Write routine and ad-hoc reports for financial, clinical operations, and research requirements
- Participate in department and hospital committees related to administration and/or relevant radiology issues, as determined by department management. Attends monthly supervisor's meeting to keep abreast of upcoming employee changes, renovations, new equipment, and other relevant information to maintain up-to-date information in the system.
- Communicate regularly with various Radiology and other medical, nursing and allied health staff to provide efficient and effective service.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or certification in systems administration or graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiological Technology; registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; licensed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene with demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in Radiology Information System management.
2. Proficient knowledge of medical imaging, related terminology, and technical knowledge within Radiology is required. Knowledge of how information technology can support a clinical area is required.
3. CPT and ICD coding knowledge is required.
4. Proficient understanding of the use and operation of computer hardware, radiology-related software, and systems procedures. Knowledge of database/systems management principles and practices is required.
5. Prior experience with RIS and/or PACs systems is required.
6. Proficiency in writing routine and ad-hoc reports with experience leveraging advanced reporting tools and/or writing custom scripts to aggregate and analyze data from a variety of systems is desired.
7. Ability to work for extended periods of time at a PC/CRT terminal requiring concentrated mental/visual effort.
University of Maryland Medical Center - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard