Senior Media / DSP SW Engineer
You will be working on the latest media technology by designing and developing video processing and video encoding software for a family of Intel processor graphics products. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Design and develop advanced video processing and video encoding algorithms in C / assembly language, debug their functionalities, analyze and optimize kernel performance on simulators and silicon.
- Interact with other teams (driver, architecture, hardware design, hardware simulation, and validation teams) in all product life cycles and deliver advanced video processing and video encoding kernels.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team across multiple sites
You must have M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 3+ years experience in the following areas:
- C/C++/Assembly developments and optimizations of video processing and video encoders such as frame rate conversion, image stabilization, video/image processing, AVC/h.264, Mpeg-2, BRC, etc and audio processing and audio codec.
- Architecture and instruction set of one or more processors (DSP, CPU, MCU, etc)
- Good understanding of DSP fundamentals, video processing and encoding algorithms
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years experience in the areas below:
- C/C++/Assembly developments and optimizations of video processing and video encoders such as frame rate conversion, image stabilization, video/image processing, AVC/h.264, Mpeg-2, BRC, etc.
- Strong understanding of video processing and video encoding algorithms
- Development on multiple DSP, CPU, MCU, etc. Strong understanding of multithreaded, SIMD and other parallel processing environment
- Strong understanding of how the algorithms, software and processor architectures are interrelated
USA-California, Santa Clara
Sep 13, 2012
Sep 14, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 20 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...